Monday, April 9, 2012

Just a Simple Thing

April 9th, 2012


Just been on "Diary of a Mad Writer's" blog. I'm inspired to keep my own writing blog. It won't be much but it will be nice to chronicle my journey.


I've written a memoir, Poked and Prodded over the last few weeks. I'm worried it won't get published because it's too short, at only 21,000 words. But, I don't have anything else to add to it, so I'm crossing my fingers.


I've sent out a query letter e-mail (which I'll say is way easier and faster than old-fashioned snail mail) to over 20 different literary agents. So far, I've gotten about 7 rejections ("project is not right for us at this time"). I'm surprised by how nice the rejection e-mails have been. Makes it easier.


One agency has asked for my manuscript. I'm very hopeful. Though they say it will take 4-6 weeks to review it. That's a long time to wait. So, for now, I'm going to put the thought of that publisher on the back burner.


Let's see, I've also self-published two books through Amazon. My wife is doing a great job promoting the books to everyone she knows. They will be free through Thursday. I'm really hoping they'll get some attention.


I think that's all for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.